Hello Astor Neighbors,
In our Summer Astor Outlook, Alderman Galvin wrote possible changes to the parking restrictions. At our last ANA meeting, Ald. Galvin shared what the proposed changes that will be brought to the Traffic, Bicycle and Traffic Commission meeting on Monday, Sept. 17 at 5:30pm, City Hall room 207.
The following is a summary of what parking stays the same and what the proposed changes are:
· There will be NO change in parking restrictions NORTH of Porlier St. to Mason St.
· SOUTH of Porlier will be changed to 2 hour parking 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM Monday thru Friday. There will be no restricted parking south of Porlier on weekend.
· The 600 blocks of Emilie and Eliza Streets, (on either side of Aldo School) will remain the SAME for parking restrictions-no changes.
· The 1000 and 1100 blocks of Porlier will remain the SAME for parking restrictions-no changes.
· The 600 to 900 blocks on Clay Street will remain the SAME for parking restrictions-no changes.
Timeline: The Committee meets Sept 17. If the commission makes any changes at all to the restricted area, they will take effect for a 90 day trial period. After 90 days, the city council review and either change, leave as is, or revert back to the previous restrictions.
ANA wants to communicate this proposal to you all, so that you’ll have the opportunity to weigh in before the Committee votes. Below are the contacts for your Alderman, and the Committee. If you have comments, concerns, etc., please share with these individuals! Your voice matters!